I went fishing with the kids yesterday— we had a blast! Paul was doing some work for his parents and so it was just me, the kiddos, and the pooch.There's a neat bridge behind K-Mart and Fat Cats Theater that I just knew the kids would love. It's not only a sturdy bridge with tight horizontal railing (to keep the kids from toppling downward), but it's beautiful. The 12" water below was moving quite slowly; I think Lenéa enjoyed being able to see her hooked line!
Being quite the fisherwoman myself, I knew just what to buy to attract the fish: COLORFUL GUMMY BEARS! We didn't catch a'one. :) But we did "catch" grassy moss, which was basically the same thing to the kids. So in all, it was a grand success!!
Lenéa is a determined little girl, with a huge hint of dramatic, but this fishing "trip" re-proved these cute traits of hers. Beyond excited in the beginning, Lenéa tossed her line over the bridge with full hope of a fish biting within the first 20 seconds of being waterborne. After about 22 seconds she began reeling in her catch, which, to her disappointment, was just her empty fishing line with a green-eyed hook.
Lorentz was, to my surprise, a little disinterested. Upon crossing the bridge he didn't care too much about the fishing pole. He just wanted to see all of our water bottles float down the river (or canal, or whatever it is!). We were all pretty thirsty toward the end. When I did hand Lorentz a fishing pole he held it for a minute or two, AND he didn't sling the fishing pole or run to the end of the bridge and pout for the lack of fish we caught. I love my kids. CUTEST. EVER.
![]() |
| Lorentz with the fish bate. :) |
Our dog, Lilly, loved being in on the action. Her first detour was all the way down into the water for a cool dip. Dogs can't sweat— crazy, huh?! (Ha, sadly I only know that dog fact because of a dog book I read to our kids!)
![]() |
| Our viscous Pittbull just got done licking Lenéa— they're both big smiles. |
A picture of all of us... and our gummy bear bate. :)








You and your kids are gorgeous! You're such a fun mom! And I loove your photography!!
ReplyDelete