Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza

Alright, mama, here's the recipe for the yummy pizza...

First, the pizza crust: http://www.thecitycook.com/cooking/recipes/data/000082

Second, the toppings: (I mixed a couple of recipes so that's why I'm not including a link)

Ingredients:
  • 1 c. thinly sliced yellow or sweet onions
  • Olive oil
  • Ripe pears (probably about 3 or 4 biggies... maybe more!)
  • 4 oz. gorgonzola cheese
  • 1 c. mozzarella cheese
  • salt, pepper, walnuts
  • Pizza dough (duh!)
Instructions:
  • Oven 425*
  • Carmelize onions (just saute them on in butter in frying pan on the stove til really soft)
  • Sprinkle cornmeal in baking sheet (I made the pizza in a cooking-sheet-pan-thing.)
  • Spread pizza dough in baking sheet, let it rest for 15 minutes (get the final bits of rising out of it!), brush lightly with olive oil. (You may want to half-way cook the pizza dough before putting anything on it)
  • Top dough with mozzarella cheese, onions, gorgonzola cheese, pears, salt, pepper, and walnuts.
  • Bake for 15-18 minutes.

YUMMY!!! P.S. We're having this tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment