Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This is the LIFE!

So this morning after feeding Lenéa I decided to take a shower—something that seems to be quite the rarity these days! I put her on the floor (which she LOVES because that’s where she gets to dramatically stretch!), covered her up, and off I went. Not. She wanted more attention.

Lately we’ve been finding that every time we leave the room (unless she’s just wanting her “alone” time), she cries. When we walk back into the room where she can see us, she’s as happy as can be. Since Paul was sleeping, I knew two things: 1. I needed my shower; 2. I’d feel guilty if Paul would have to get up with Lenéa (he drove most of the way to and from Seattle—and now it’s catching up with him). I then had the idea to put her in her bouncer, and I don’t think she appreciated it too much until I attached the lil’ play piece (or whatever it’s called). At first she looked really confused but she didn’t cry. Halleluiah!

After my shower I went into the living room to see what she was doing (hoping maybe she would be taking her much needed nap) and I was surprised to see her playing with the attached toy-thingy. She is so cute!

I decided that I’m going to put videos up on both the gmail account (like I’ve been doing, mom and dad) and then some of them on this blog (it might be easier than logging onto gmail. We’ll see!). So, here’s the link to her playing a lil’ bit (I wish I had captured her when I first saw her… she was so animated!!!).

Here are a couple of pictures I took this morning.



4 comments:

  1. Hey Alisha! I just realized you commented on my blog a while back. YES, I just love it (homemade laundry soap), I am so glad someone else does too :) I have been planning on putting my recipe up here for anyone else interested and I would love to hear yours! Thanks for the taxact tip, this next year will be my first year of doing "real grown up taxes" so I was nervous but that sounds like a great way to go :)

    PS Lenéa just gets prettier every picture I see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is the cutest ever! I love you guys to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alisha your little girl is sooo cute!! I'm sorry i didn't make it to the baby shower :( I just found your blog and I love it, its so fun to see how old friends are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's ok! No worries :) How are you doing nowadays? Isn't married life the greatest?!

    ReplyDelete